Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
- TranslateMyCert is the brand name under which The Loc People, Ltd., Unit 1E, Three Rock Road, Dublin 18, Republic of Ireland (we, us) provides its certified translation service.
- We guarantee that our certified translations will be accepted by INIS, GNIB, the Irish Passport Office and other Irish authorities. In the unlikely event that they reject the translation, we will provide you with a full refund of the cost of the translation. We may ask you to provide a reason in writing why the translation was rejected, issued by the relevant authority. Our liability will be limited to the amount paid by you to us for the translation, and we will not accept any liablity for any cost incurred by you as a result of any rejection.
- Our price quotations are based on a) examining your document(s), our estimation of the amount of text and required effort, b) our previous experience on working on similar documents, c) the required language(s), d) the current demand for our services, which may vary from day to day.
- Any delivery dates quoted by us are approximate. We will endeavour to deliver our translation by this date but we cannot accept any liablity for costs incurred due to delays. We will do our best to let you know as soon as possible if we foresee any delays.
- Our certified translations are intended to be used in the Republic of Ireland only and we are unable to guarantee that they will be accepted elsewhere.
- We will not accept responsibility if we are unable to deliver due to errors in email addresses, postal addresses or telephone numbers provided by you.
The Loc People Ltd (T/A TranslateMyCert) is committed to protect and respect your privacy. Through this statement we wish to inform our existing and potential customers about how we process your data as per GDPR and ensuring that you understand your rights as our customer.
Who are we?
The Loc People Ltd is an independent translation and localisation agency operating in the Republic of Ireland.
We offer various languages services such as translation, localisation, interpretation and QA testing to business and individual customers.
Our Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner details are:
Janet Suarez • firstname.lastname@example.org • 01 90 11 378
What information do we process?
Using our service requires uploading documents/images to our website and providing us with your contact and payment details. We understand that this is sensitive information, and will not use any of it for any purpose other than providing the service.
Personal data is normally obtained from you and we, at TranslateMyCert are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How do we use your information?
The information we hold and process will be used in order to process your request, as well as for management and administrative purposes. We will collect and process information from you during your visit on this website, while your request is being processed, and up to one (1) year after the request has been processed.
Where there is a need to process your data for a purpose other than those set out above or otherwise outlined to you, we will inform you of this.
How is your information shared?
From time to time we may use the services of third parties to provide our services. In particular, we use Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Office 365 in Ireland to process and host our data, and Braintree and PayPal for payment processing. Please refer to their respective privacy policies. For instance, in some cases, your data may be disclosed to third parties when we use the services of independent translators or to our Accountant in order to fulfil our legal obligations.
Any work that we outsource will be subject to our Non-Disclosure Agreement, requiring strict data security and confidentiality.
We use strong SSL encryption wherever possible. If, despite our best efforts, security and/or confidentiality breaches do occur, we will do our best to rectify this as soon as possible. We will however not be able to accept any liability for any costs incurred.
Will your information be transferred abroad?
The data-centre (s) we use are located in Ireland.
We may transfer your personal data abroad for purposes connected with the management of our business, e.g. staff travelling abroad that may need to log on remotely from an encrypted computer.
Appropriate safeguards are in place to ensure the security of your personal data where it is transferred outside of the EEA.
What are your rights under GDPR?
You have the following rights, although your ability to exercise these rights may be subject to certain conditions:
- the right to access: the right to receive a copy of and/or access the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data;
- the right to rectification: the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete;
- the right to erasure: the right, in certain circumstances, to request that we erase your personal data from our records;
- the right to object to processing: the right, in certain circumstances, to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or object to our use of your personal data or the way in which we process it;
- the right to data portability: the right, in certain circumstances, to transfer your personal data to another organisation;
- the right to object to automated decision making and/or profiling; and
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority at the Data Protection Commissioner.
Retention of your personal data
The Loc People Ltd will not hold data for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any comments or questions regarding this statement, please contact us on 01 9011 378 or email email@example.com